Strawberry Lemon Trifle
1) Poundcake Loaf(1lb)
2) Fresh Strawberries(16oz)
3) Lemon(1 Large)
5) Creme de Casis
6) Sugar(1/2 Cup)
– Wash & quarter strawberries
– Wash & grate lemon zest into medium bowl
Next, Juice lemon and heat lemon juice with 1/2 cup of sugar over stove until it becomes a clear syrupy texture (a couple of minutes on med/low)then set aside to cool down
– Combine Mascarpone into medium bowl with lemon zest
– Next add in lemon/sugar syrup to mixture
– Slice your pound cake and layer on bottom of trifle bowl
– Use pastry brush to coat the top of each slice with Creme de Casis
– Next add Mascarpone mixture on each slice and finish layering with diced strawberries
– Keep repeating this until you are done adding all your ingredients.
We recommend letting the trifle set for a few hours in the fridge until your ready to Enjoy!
If you are making this to celebrate The 4th of July, add blueberries too!